Remote High-Accuracy Data: What Do Rural America, Sub-Saharan Africa & Chile’s Atacama Desert Have in Common?
Learn how Atlas Service can help you access real-time, high-accuracy data corrections in the most remote parts of the world.
Internet connectivity in remote regions is spotty. So what if you require centimeter accuracy? Your choices are limited, but you do have options.
One choice is to setup your own base station. Another is to use satellite corrections (sometimes referred to as L-Band corrections). The Arrow Series™ satellite correction service, named Atlas®, is broadcast from geostationary satellites.
Learn what’s required for each option in this feature article from the 2018 April Eos newsletter issue.
- [HISTORY] How Gladys West Uncovered the “Hidden Figures” of GPS: Gladys West’s work helped develop the Global Positioning System we know as GPS. Who is Gladys? Learn about this historic woman.
- [GALILEO] Status Check: There are currently 14 operational Galileo satellites. The four satellites launched in late 2017 are still “Under Commissioning.” See which Galileo satellites are operational.
- [LAUNCHED] Two More BeiDou-3 Satellites Launched: China launched two more Beidou-3 satellites on March 30. Coverage is scheduled to be global by 2020. Learn about BeiDou’s planned phases.
- [PHOTOS] What Happened at Esri SW? View the Eos photo gallery of highlights from this year’s gathering of GIS professionals in Denver. Browse pictures and video.
- [WAAS] Satellite Status: Note that PRN 133 has been decommissioned and replaced with PRN 131. The WAAS constellation now consists of PRN 131, 135 and 138. All three satellites offer ranging capability. One of your Arrow Series receiver’s unique feature is to use these as “extra” GPS satellites in the position computation, rather than just for receiving differential corrections. This greatly boosts productivity in tough environments such as dense forest canopy. See the WAAS satellite map.
- [ANDROID USERS] Samsung Released a New Rugged Tablet: The new Galaxy Tab Active2 offers an 8″ screen, 16GB, and Wi-Fi support at an affordable price. View Galaxy Tab Active2 features.
Hi! My name is Alvaro. I’m the Technical Support Manager at Eos. I invite you to visit our Learning Center for useful technical information, how-to guides for downloadable PDFs, and video tutorials for demonstrations of popular configurations. Each month, I update Alvaro’s corner with new material. Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact our technical support center.Thank you!— Alvaro
- [Update] iOS Firmware Update Explained: This month, I would like to clarify and remove some confusion about the firmware update for Eos Tools Pro for iOS. There are two types of firmware on Arrow Series receivers: The Bluetooth communication firmware and the Arrow Series receiver engine firmware. Read more here.
- [Alert] Bug on Eos Tools Pro for iOS: There is currently a bug on Eos Tools Pro for iOS when connected to an Arrow 200 that has a serial number starting with “189xxxxx.” The GPS Engine Update notification appears even if the latest Galileo firmware is installed on your Arrow 200 (firmware 5.6Aa03 and above). This issue will be resolved in the upcoming version of Eos Tools Pro. After making sure that the latest version is indeed installed on your Arrow (do this in the “About” menu of Eos Tools Pro), you may simply activate the “Do not display this message again” tab until the next release is available.
Featured How-To Guide:
Arrow Quick-Start Guide
Become familiar with your Arrow Series™ receiver. This Arrow quick-start guide covers everything from unpacking your Arrow and setting up connectivity to installing software.
Featured Video Tutorial:
Eos Tools Pro for Android: An Overview
- May 2 — Esri Canada UC. Quebec, CAN. How to find Eos.
- May 2-4 — Esri SE UC. Charlotte, NC, USA. How to find Eos at Booth 304.
- May 9-10 — Esri PUG Conference. Houston, Tx, USA. How to find Eos at Booth 507.
- May 15-17 — MundoGEO Connect. Sao Paulo, BRZ. How to find Eos at Booth 114.
- May 16 — Esri Canada UC. Calgary, Alberta, CAN. How to find Eos.
- May 22 — Esri UK Conference. London, UK. How to find Eos at Booth 9.
- May 23-24 — Upper Midwest GEOCON. La Crosse, WI, USA. How to find Eos.
- May 23-24 — Geo Business Conference. London, UK. How to find Eos at Booth L16.