How can you get GPS sub-meter corrections for free?
SBAS (Satellite-Based Augmentation System) around the world provide free, real-time sub-meter corrections for high-performance GNSS receivers. SBAS is a fantastic, free public service that GIS professionals around the world can use to make their GNSS receivers more accurate, and therefore make their GIS databases more accurate.
In this article, Eos’ own Alvaro answers the question, “Why do some GNSS receivers using SBAS achieve submeter accuracy, but others don’t?” Read the full feature article from the January 2017 Eos newsletter explaining how you can use these five SBAS for free sub-meter corrections.
Al’s Corner – Technical Tips
Hi… My name is Alvaro and I am the Technical Support Manager at Eos Positioning Systems. I am inviting you to visit our Learning Center on our web site for useful technical information, how-to’s and video tutorials. This section will be updated regularly with new material. Any question? please do not hesitate to contact our technical support center.
Using your Arrow Receiver with TerraGo Edge on iOS
Record GPS / GNSS Metadata from your Arrow in Esri’s Collector for ArcGIS
This “how-to” document provides brief instructions and useful links on how to setup your Geodatabase to collect GPS/GNSS metadata and elevations in Collector for ArcGIS. : Guidelines and useful links for recording GNSS metadata in Collector.[/vc_column_text]
Eos Latest News from the Eos January 2017 Issue
- New Technical Bulletin 1701 – Arrow GNSS receivers and GLONASS Leap Second
- Arrow 100 and 200 GNSS featured in Fall 2016 issue of Esri Water and Wastewater – “Rural Water District Gains High Accuracy on a Budget” (page 1) and “High-Precision GNSS Data Collection for Mobile GIS Is Here” (page 9).
- Galileo declares Initial Service (source: GPSWorld)
- Interesting Article on 3D GNSS data and Geoid (source: GeoSpatial Solutions)
- Eos Launched New “Arrow Gold GNSS” receiver. Check out the Press Release.
- February 7-9. 2017 Esri Water Conference, Orlando, FL, USA. Visit us at Booth #111.
- February 22-24. North Carolina GIS Conference, Raleigh, NC, USA. Visit us at Booth #5.
- March 4-6. Esri Partner Conference, Palm Springs, CA, USA.